Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dear Mother...

“And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.”

I remember growing up in the island of American Samoa, everyone looked forward to Mothers Day because the primary children (ages 3-11) took care of the Mothers Day program each year in sacrament. As a primary, we were each given short talks from the scriptures or inspiring quotes about mothers or personal testimonies to share with the ward. It was just so cute. I would be in my white dress with every other girl in the primary. Some dresses more poofy than others.We'd have our white dresses on and if you had one, a big white bow on your hair. I might've had one one year but I wasn't a big fan of those. We would look our cutest. I think we looked like little angels :) Primary presidencies prepared for months for this program and we had practices during the week as well. Songs were sang, beautiful things were said and the Spirit was felt. There is something about motherhood and divinity that hits the heart and brings out tears. Although I'm not between the ages of 3 and 11 anymore, I will always remember the feeling of standing on the pulpit, singing my heart out for my mom. I meant everything I said up there all those years and although I do not remember what words I spoke, the words of my heart are still heard and felt by her. At least I feel they are :)

A mother's touch is tender yet so deep. Much of my confidence and faith comes from my mother's unwavering faith in me. I would think most, if not all mothers do not doubt the potential of each of their children. My mother has first and foremost, no doubt in God her Eternal Father, and the Living Christ. Her testimony is a tangible as that of my right hand. I've heard it. I've felt it. I've seen it. I admire her powerful testimony because she lives it. She is in every sense a disciple of Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment